Christmas Drugstore Makeup Haul


posted by Unknown on , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments

Hey guys,

I know its been a while but I seem to get a blogging block when I'm not at uni. I just wanted to quickly share with you some of the things I bought in december.

Sleek face form Contouring and blush palette. This I've used a few times and really liked the blush but haven't really used the highlight or contour. 


I got a few more sleek palettes when the 3 for 2 offer was still on in superdrug. I haven't used these yet as the colours are more spring/ summer appropriate. Also I've been in love with my vice 2 palette and haven't been using much else. 




For Christmas I got a couple Z palettes to put my single shadows in. This one has all my MUA shades. I suggest getting the domed Z palette rather than just the large as I was given both and only 10/15 of the mua pans fit in the large and they all fit into the domed palette

I bought 3 of the maybelline limited edition Brocades collection in boots. These went on nicely yet as they took a lot of coats to become opaque they just seemed to peal of. I wore Woven Skyline the gray on new years eve and I lost two of the nails on the way to the party I was going to. It just seemed to ping of. Disappointing. 

I bought a couple more of the Rimmel Scandaleyes liners, in bright blue, nude and taupe as I had the silver and really liked it I thought I would give these a go. I've worn the nude on my waterline a couple times and it didn't smudge. 
I bought this by accident thinking I was repurchasing my usual Sun shimmer light matte bronzer. I accidentally picked up the light shimmer instead. I didn't really mind as I still have a lot of the matte one left as I was only buying it as it was on offer. I will give this a go but I tend not to like glitters face products.

I wanted to try this as the advert made this look really good. I like this but think a gold eyeliner would be better value for money as what you see in the lid is all the product you get. It is a really lovely gold but for £5.99 you could get a good gold eyeliner that has more product. 

 Iv'e also been wanting to try the color tatoo's for ages and bought these four to try our. I've used the pomegranate and the gold so far and really liked using them. The gold is a really great base for building a intense gold eye on top.

There was a 3 for 2 on maybelline so I picked up this pen style liquid liner. I love this as it is so easy to create a really fine line or a statement liner look with this. I've been using this more then my gel liner as it is a lot quicker to apply and I don't need to clean the brush immediately after doing my liner. Perfect for lazy makeup days.

Boots were giving this mascara free when you bought 2 things from collection. I kept this but the things I bought from collection were gifts. This tbh isn't a bad mascara If you want a more natural look as It gives length but not volume.

I will go back and do separate reviews of some of these products with swatches. But this is just a overview.
I hope you liked :P
Lauren