Makeup history/ Lipstick collection.


posted by Unknown on , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments

Hey again,

Recently I have really got into wearing lipstick and makeup in general. I have in the past been really terrible at applying makeup and went through awkward stages of eye makeup. I was quite into rock and so went through the whole two much eyeliner during my teens. Also I used to love this dark purple and lilac combo that would have been alright if I hadn't been about twelve and knew how to blend. Up until this year I would only maybe use a bit of powder during the day and use eyeshadow and lipstick when going out at night. I still most of the time forget to use mascara as I find applying it annoying and always manage to get some in my hair/ fringe. But I think I am somewhat better at it now. As they say practice makes perfect.

I have always found it really hard to find a foundation to suit my skin. The first foundation I bought was the Maybelline dream matte mouse which was god awful. I was quit young so probably bought the wrong shade as I tested it on my hand and not my face. Yet if I bothered to use it, I would always take it of as it made me orange, and as a goth kid that was not the desired look :P. I recently have been using the Maybelline  dream fresh bb as it is light and provides the right amount of cover my skin needs. I had also been using the fit me foundation also by Maybelline but I'm not sure if I like it anymore (I have the powder an concealer as well and these are both good).

I'm not a big fan of blush and currently don't own any but if I fancy wearing some I mix lipstick with my bb cream to create a liquid blush. I much prefer bronzer and use it to contour my face, I currently use the Rimmel sun shimmer light matte bronzer.

I am really into lipstick at the moment and splurged a couple weeks ago on a MAC lipstick (media, its a satin finish) which I love. This is a very sultry, sexy colour and is my perfect red lip.

Above are all the lipsticks I own apart from Media as It was in my bag. I have a few from Maybelline, pink pearl and velvet beige. Some from the natural collection (from boots), these are really cheap and are amazing quality, I have pink orchid and cherry red. I have a blue, black and pink from barry M and one from sleek that they don't do anymore claret and an accessorize purple, passionate.  




I haven't mentioned eyeshadow and with the amount I have It will probably have to be in a separate post. Also the shadow I use at the moment is from an ancient set that I found while packing for uni that was bought from argos years ago and so wont be of much use to anyone to see it.  

Hope you enjoyed this post, please comment and follow :P
Lauren