Hair styling products. Hair care part 1


posted by Unknown on , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments

Hey guys,

I have recently gotten into experimenting with my hair. For a couple years now the only thing I've ever done with my hair is either straighten or curl it. I have always loved curly hair and I am luck in that my hair does have a natural wave to it. Unfortunately though my hair tends to be hard to curl as unless I use a lot of hairspray most of the curls will drop out in about an hour leaving a frizzy mess. I recently bought a new curler the Babyliss pro curl 210, this curler has a thicker barrel than my old curler (I had been using the babyliss 4 in one straightener, crimper and two types of curler) It is a tonged curler as I can't handle using a wand. I just get on better with the tongs :P. I mainly got this curler as it was £18.49 in boots and in argos (I got it in boots for the points yay) and as my old curler took an age to heat up as the curling part was detachable. (also I broke one of the release buttons :/)  I definitely recommend this curler to anyone on a budget as It is great value for money and produces very nice ringlet curls. I'll put a picture of both my old and new curlers so you guys can see the difference.

New curler (on my nails is Barry M berry cosmo)
Old curler which is about six years old and still works :P
 I also recently bought a hair dryer as I was going to uni I also bought a straightener  at the same time which matched. As I had just been using my mums but as I was leaving I thought It best to get my own. Unfortunately my mum still has my straightener as hers broke lol. Both I got from ebay for about £20 each. I loved the colour and It sort of matches the nail varnish I'm wearing at the moment. I don't use the dryer often as they are damaging but sometimes I do need to use one.

The final styling tool I got recently is the Babyliss wave envy which crimps the hair into waves instead of the triangular shapes on more traditional crimpers. I much prefer the effect this gives over my other crimper as It gives very beachy mermaid waves as apposed to scrunched up frizz. I've used this a couple times and really like the effect it achieves in only about 15 seconds so is very quick to use and can be used on quite large sections. 

To maintain my style I first protect my hair with tresemme heat defence and then use a lot of tresemme salon finish extra hold hairspray. Also if I straighten my hair I will use fish hairdressing wax or Loreal matte and messy salt spray. I also sometimes use the tresemme split remedy leave in shampoo which I'm not sure if it works as I haven't had a professional hair cut in nearly three years I just tend to do it myself.


Hope you enjoy and I will go on to shampoo and conditioning products in my another post.

Lauren :P