What's in my makeup bag?!


posted by Unknown on , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

No comments

Hey guys,

Iv'e bought so many new products to try recently and so thought instead of doing reviews I would do a whats in my makeup bag post as then I can show you all of the products I am currently using.

The majority of these things are going to be lipsticks as they are small enough to fit loads in and I don't bother carrying eyeshadows around with me as they are easy to break and I don't tend to need eyeshadow touch ups during the day.


I took these photos in categories starting from foundation to lip products. These are the products I am currently using for my face. My Maybelline dream fresh bb cream in light, is the only foundation type product I have ever got on with. As I am pale foundations are never light enough for me and I would end up taking them off as I felt orange in them. So for a long time I only wore powder on my face or nothing at all. I have always used the rimmel stay matte powder this is in shade 001 transparent. I have the maybelline fit me powder but don't think it is as good. I also have the fit me foundation in the lightest shade 115 which is ok for my face in the summer but not now in winter. I however am using the fit me concealer in 15 as it has decent coverage and actually matches my skin tone. Also in the picture is my bronzer which I've been using for ages and only just hit pan on, it is the rimmel sun shimmer bronzing compact powder in light matte. I only really use bronzer on my checks as I can never get blusher right I just think I look daft and end up taking it off lol.

Here are all the eye products that are currently in my bag apart from my white MUA eyeliner which was still at the bottom of my makeup bag when I photographed this. Starting on the left is the revlon Grow luscious plumping mascara which is my current favourite. Next is a rimmel black eyeliner then a silver rimmel eyeliner in front. Behind these are my pot of black gel eyeliner buy sleek called dominatrix plus my barry m gel eyeliner in no.3 I think its called Champaign which is a silvery gold colour which I love to wear especially as we get closer to christmas. Then I have a rimmel lose pigment in 012 velvet which is a dusky mauve colour which is pretty old and don't think is available anymore but I like to wear this in my crease. Then I have a eyeshadow brush a smudger and an eyelash curler

Next in my bag is a topshop lip liner in deception and then two of the new velvet lips in velveteen ribbon (red) and plush (purple) I'm not going to do swatches of the velvet lips as I am waiting to do a comparison post between these and the new MUA velvets. 

Next is all my rimmel lip products. I have two of the apocalips, in apocoliptic (pink) and eclipse (red) I then have two of the Colour Rush in 200 keep mauving  and 220 rumour has it. Then finally one of the new moisture renew lipsticks in 380 dark night water l-oops!

Next I have my real techniques detailer brush and two bourjois paris lipsticks in 14 pretty prune and 20 fuchsia graffiti. I like these as I can tell what colour they are in my makeup bag from the bottom of the tube instead of having to open them.

Then finally with lipsticks I have my maybelline in 630 velvet beige, a revlon matte shade in 003 mauve it over and finally my only mac lipstick media. 
Sorry about the focus of this photo but it shows swatches of all the lipsticks.Starting at the left is media which is out of focus, then mauve it over, velvet beige, fuchsia graffiti, pretty prune, dark night water l-oops!, apocaliptic which is a lot more pink/ fuchsia and not red at all irl. Then eclipse, rumour has it, keep mauving on then the topshop lin liner in deception.  


Then the final things in my bag are my compact mirror and lipbalm from garnier 

My makeup bag I think was £2.99 in the savers buy me and is a good shape to fit lots in yet not take up much room in my bag as I have a lot of stuff to carry in to uni daily and so is nice and compact. 

Hope you enjoy I will have reviews of some of these products up soon. Which products do you want reviewed first? 

Lauren