Pink and silver stripes.


posted by Unknown on , , , , ,

No comments

Hey guys,

Yesterday I attempted for the first time creating a stripe mani using tape. I have never done this before and so was pleased with the result until putting top coat on dragged some of the silver :( I love the colour combination and the difference between the silver foil effect and the pink varnish. Pictures first then a tutorial.




I started by painting a base colour of Barry M bright pink, I painted this the night before so that when I applied the tape the nail varnish wouldn't smudge or pull off. I then cut strips of masking tape and positioned them on  the nail creating horizontal stripes. On the ring finger I used smaller stripes of masking tape so it was slightly different than the others creating a subtle accent nail. I then applied top coat which unfortunately smudged some of the silver. 

Hope you enjoy,
Lauren :P