Blossom nails


posted by Unknown on ,

No comments

Hi, as it is spring I felt it was time to create a design based on tree blossom as they are so pretty. There are many designs like this at the moment that are inspired by cherry blossoms, due to the current trend in fashion of oriental inspired designs.
My design is very simple and hopefully easy to recreate. As always I'll show you how it looks then tell you how I created it.


To start I painted my nails in Lychee from the Barry M gellys collection, you will probably need two coats to get the right colour. I then used my Barry M nail art pen in black and drew a variety of different lines from one side of the nail to the other to create the 'branches.' It looks better when you create a fork in the branch or 'y' shape as that is how most branches look. Next you will need a dotting tool, the ones that I use were very cheap from amazon £1.98 with postage (http://www.amazon.co.uk/Coloured-Double-Nail-Dotting-Marbleizing/dp/B00448VZQM/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368454853&sr=8-1&keywords=dotting+tool) and have different size ends so are perfect for this. For the bright pink blossoms I used another gelly Barry M this time Grapefruit and dotted the colour near to the ends of the branches. To add depth to the design I then applied Barry M berry icecream in smaller dots onto the brighter pink. You can leave out the last step as with or without the design is pretty. After this I created the leaves with Barry M in mint by using the smaller dotting tool and dragging the colour to create a leaf shape. Finish with a coat of top coat when all the dots have dried.

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think :P

Lauren