Tetris Nails


posted by Unknown on , , , , , , ,

No comments

Hi today I've created a design based on the game tetris. As a kid I was addicted to this game and even had it not just as a computer game but as a electronic board game lol. Pictures first then the tutorial.



To create this design I painted a base of black using china glaze smoke and ashes (part of the hunger games collection) I love this colour as from far away it looks jet black but up close there are flecks of blue/ green glitter in it which you can see in the photo. This only needed one coat. I then moved on to paint on the tetris block shapes. You can do this in a variety of ways but I found using a dotting tool to apply the colour worked best. I started however by using a white Barry M nail art to draw the shapes and then painting the colour with a thin paint brush over the white. The colours I used to create the blocks were all Barry M, some normal some gelly. The normal were lemon yellow and bright purple, the gellys were pomegranate, watermelon and greenberry. I finished with a coat of sally hansen insta-dri.
Hope you enjoy
Lauren