Traffic light nails


posted by Unknown on ,

No comments

Hi, at the moment I really like the idea of appreciating the everyday things we don't pay attention to. so I've chosen to create a road and traffic light nail design. Pictures first then the how to.



To create the design on the thumb I painted a base colour of Barry M in black.  When this was dry I  used my white Barry M nail art pen to paint three white dots one underneath the other in the centre of the nail. I let this dry and then dotted red over the dot nearest to the cuticle, yellow on the middle dot and green on the last dot. 
For the design on the first finger  I started by painting a base colour of matte white by Barry M over all of  my nails except the thumb. On this nail I used a thin paint brush to paint the blue circle outline. The colour is Barry M in Cobalt blue as is the blue in the rest of the design. I then carefully filled in the blue circle with Barry M gelly Pomegranate using another thin brush.
After I had painted the base coat I created a blue circle in the centre of the  nail and then used my white nail art pen to paint on the white arrows.

For this sign I carefully painted  two  red semi- circles with a white gap in the middle and then used the paint brush to join up the two semi circles. 
For this nail I repeated what I did on the middle finger but this time only drew one bigger arrow.
 Hope you enjoy, can you name all of the road signs I used in the design? :P
Lauren