Cloud nails


posted by Unknown on , , , ,

No comments

Hi, I've decided to use a simple technique that is very effective, sponging. There are lots of tutorials on youtube on how to do this but I like to keep my nail designs quite simple and some of the gradients were very bright! So I chose to do the sponging as detail over matte nails to create the effect of fluffy white clouds. This would also look great in a bubblegum pink to look like candy floss. Pictures first then the how to.



To create this look I painted a base colour of Barry M blueberry icecream, for better coverage I used two coats but you may get away with one. I then painted over it with Rimmel's matte top coat when it was dry. Next I used a flat make-up sponge to sponge matte white Barry M over the top. Keep sponging the colour on until you are happy the area is white enough. Leave nails to dry but don't use top coat as it will ruin the matte effect.

Hope you enjoy, please leave some comments :P