Croc effect experiments


posted by Unknown on , ,

No comments

I know Barry M released croc effects a while ago but I only bought it today! I bought the effect in burgundy as I really liked the colour and thought it would work well with my gold foil effect. After multiple attempts I managed to get one nail to look ok so I will practice using this varnish and show you some results when I get better at it. But today I will show you my failed attempts to use this product. Pictures first then I'll explain how I used them.

This was my first attempt at doing croc and as you can see the colour is great and works great with the gold as I expected but the nails look sort of tacky not croc like at all. I possible should have waited longer for the effect to work but with this I think I applied the polish to thick. What I hate about this effect is that unlike with crackle it wont work if the base polish is dry. The instructions say to apply over touch dry polish meaning that only the surface of the polish should be dry but the bottom layers should still be wet. I feel foil effects dry a lot quicker than other polishes and apply quite thinly so maybe this is my problem.
Next I tried out the effect on Watermelon (Barry M jelly) This worked on some fingers but the green is to dark for the effect to show up :(.




Next I went back to the gold foil effect as I felt maybe the effect didn't work before as in doing only the tips the colour was to thick. So for this I curved the colour down my nail and as you can see in the close up above it kind of worked on one nail.  So I will get back to you with more croc experiments at some point.

Please don't be put of this product from me as I've seen youtube videos were it does work well. I think this is just something I need to practice at and maybe apply to my whole nail before I start trying to get fancy with it.

Lauren