Fruit Nails


posted by Unknown on , , , , ,

No comments

I've seen lots of fruit manicures around lately and so wanted to put my own spin on this. I chose to do a different fruit on every finger so that my nails were very colourful. I have a habit of only wearing black clothes so the only ever colour I'm seen in when it's cold is either on my nails or my shoes (Pink Dr Martens/ yellow converse lol.) As always pictures first then a tutorial.



To create these nails I started by painting my nails white as this really makes the bright colours pop and means you need less coats of the colour. 

Strawberry nail- To create this nail I painted half the nail red using Barry M raspberry and then the top is Barry M spring green. To create the leaf lines paint the red onto your nail in diagonal strokes and then fill the white space left with the green (hope this makes sense :P.) Finish this nail with the yellow seed detail by first painting three white stripes using a thin brush and then go over this in yellow. 

Orange nail- I painted the whole nail using Barry M coral and then created the orange design by using my white nail art pen and creating a series of dotted lines to make it look like you had cut an orange in half. Make sure you create a couple of larger dots in the centre of the nail, and your done.

Watermelon Nail- For this nail I painted one coat of Barry M fuchsia and then on the tip painted a coat of china glaze Watermelon rind. Next I dotted white along the part of the nail where the two colours meet, then used a black nail art pen to create the seed detail. I love this nail as I think this looks the best.

Pineapple Nail- I painted this nail with Barry M yellow icecream and then used a striper to add brown detail in Barry M mushroom and then mixed mushroom and spring green to create the pineapple leaves. 

Blackberry Nail- I didn't have many ideas for this nail and so improvised a blackberry by building up a layer of dots on top of Barry M cobalt blue using indigo and turquoise. I don't think this nail really works with the other nails as it is a lot darker. Maybe you have a better idea for this nail? 

Hope you enjoy
Lauren.