Polka Dot Half Moons


posted by Unknown on , , , , , ,

No comments

I finally bought the two remaining Color show polka dot effects by Maybelline. As I've said I really like these effects although they are a pain to remove. I chose to create a simple monochrome design that looked great with or without the effect on the top, here are my simple half moons. Pictures first then tutorial.



To create this design I first painted my nails with Barry M matte white, which needed two coats. I then freehanded on the black leaving a white semi circle near my cuticle. I did this on my right hand (im right handed) so it should be easy enough to do this yourself but if your scared you might mess it up I suggest putting circular stickers or French tip guides (stickers) over the parts you want to keep white. I then applied Maybelline polka dots in chalk dust on top. I finished with Sally Hansen insta-dri. You could easily change the design and create black nail tips if you prefer. 

Hope you enjoy
Lauren