Nail tip water marbling


posted by Unknown on , ,

No comments

Hi again, I created this design last week as a way to jazz up French tips. For this design you will need masking tape in order to tape your nails before you start water marbling as otherwise it is very messy. You will also need a glass of plain tap water, a pin, cotton buds (q tips), circular stickers (they sell plain white stickers in Whsmith or most stationary stores that I use as guides when I do French tips) two nail varnishes and a top coat.



To start place the circular stickers on your nails leaving the tip of your nail uncovered. Next paint your tips using a white nail varnish, (I used natural collection white from boots) one coat should do apart from on your thumb which might need two coats, if you plan not to marble it like I did. You should remove the stickers while varnish is still wet but don't throw these away straight away. When the tips are dry you will need to reapply the stickers again leaving the tips visible then tape the skin around your nails with masking tape. It’s easier to do this one hand at a time as with your fingers taped its harder to drop the varnish onto the water. Now the fun part! To create the water marble I used the same white I used to do my tips and a Jessica custom nail colour ‘company vamp’ (which came free with company magazine, so I don’t know where you can buy it). Start by dropping the pink onto the water and then alternate between the two colours creating a bull’s eye effect. With a pin or toothpick create a design by merging the two colours. When you are happy start dipping your nails. Once your nails have been dipped wait ten seconds and clear away the excess polish with the cotton bud and then remove your nails. Let this dry remove the tape then apply a top coat.


Hope you enjoy and that I didn't overcomplicate this.
If I did there are great YouTube tutorials on how to do this.
Let me know what you think