Tuxedo nails!


posted by Unknown on , ,

No comments

Hi, this is my first post as a blogger Yay. I've been meaning to start blogging for a while. This blog is going to be a mixture of nail art and other things to do with beauty and my own fashion creations (I'm about to start a fashion degree.)

As my first post I wanted to start with an easy nail art tutorial on how to create tuxedo nails. I copied this design from cutepolishes video tutorial here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jYDwteRRwNY&noredirect=1

I'll put the pictures first then tell you how I created the design.






To create the design I used Barry M matte white as a base coat. I let that dry then used Barry M nail art pen in Black. I love the new nail art pens as they are not as messy as other nail art pens or stripers can be. 

With the nail art pen I started by drawing a triangle down from the cuticle to the end of my nail and then filled this in to create the jacket. Next near the top of the nail I drew an x and then filled in the two sides to create the bow tie. I then created dots in the centre underneath the bow tie to look like buttons. As a top coat I used Sally Hanson 'Hard as nails' as I just ran out of top coat. 

I really enjoyed creating this design yet feel with just the 'jacket' part of the design completed that may also look like a great on trend (monochrome) design.

Hope you enjoy, let me know what you think  :P